New DVBLink v5.1 build with Raspberry Pi 2 support!05 Feb 2015
New DVBLink v5.1 build with Raspberry Pi 2 support! new-dvblink-v5-1-build-with-raspberry-pi-2-support As most of you probably heard already, Raspberry Pi Foundation has recently announced the retail availability of their new board, the Raspberry Pi 2. This board has a new SoC - BCM2836, which retains all the features of BCM2835, but replaces the single 700MHz ARM11 with a 900MHz quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 CPU in combination with 1GB SDRAM.
The Raspberry Pi 2 board is now supported by the new DVBLink v5.1 build. In our tests we have seen a substantial performance boost comparing to the 1st generation of Raspberry Pi boards. For example - the new board can easily run 3 HD streams from USB and network tuners at the same time using only 35% of CPU without any packet drops or performance issues.
The new DVBLink build also contains a number of important fixes and additions. Here is the full list of changes:
- Added: Raspberry Pi 2 support
- Fixed: Live TV playback does not start in web interface (Internet Explorer) without transcoding when authorization is used
- Fixed: DVBLink Server on Windows hangs when woken up from standby in presence of running XBMC
- Fixed: Back-to-back timers on the same channels are recorded without margins
- Added: Grouping channels with the same name in the list during channel selection process
- Added: Possibility to assign "hanging" source to one of the unused devices
- DVBLink TVSource
- Fixed: DVBLink TVSource requests too many PIDs when scanning some transponders, crashing/hanging sat2ip receiver
- DVBLink for IPTV
- Fixed: Chosen network adapter is not saved in settings of DVBLink for IPTV
The new build numbers are:
- Build 11073 (all DVBLink products on Windows platform)
- Build 11069 (all DVBLink products on Linux/NAS/RPi platform)
When updating the DVBLink installation, update your DVBLink server first and then update all installed DVBLink packages using DVBLink Package Center.
Enjoy! DVBLogic team