DVBLogic team is proud to present the new DVBLink product suite major release - DVBLink v6!01 Jun 2016
The new DVBLink version adds several new exciting features to its already impressive feature list and improves further on stability and ease-of-use aspects.
DVBLink TheatreDVBLink v6 introduces new apps for Android and AppleTV platforms - DVBLink Theatre. These apps were specifically developed for big TV screens and optimized for remote control. DVBLink Theatre app is available in several flavours:
- DVBLink Theatre app for AppleTV (in RC phase currently, will be available in AppStore end of June)
- DVBLink Theatre (AndroidTV) app: special version for AndroidTV "leenback" devices, like NVidia Shield, Sony Android TVs, Nexus PLayer etc. (currently under approval in PlayStore)
- DVBLink Theatre app for all other Android devices, connected to TVs and equipped with remote control (currently available on PlayStore)
- DVBLink Theatre app for Amazon FireTV devices (under approval in AmazonStore)
SendToDVBLink v6 features SendTo functionality - a convenient way to archive recordings to local media or cloud services, with optional video transcoding. With SendTo functionality it becomes very easy to take your recordings with you for offline viewing or access your recordings without a direct connection to DVBLink Server from multiple devices while you are on the go. DVBLink supports manual SendTo operation for existing recordings and (optional) automatic operation for record series. DropBox cloud service is supported in first release with more services to be added in the future.
DVBLink PlayerA newcomer in DVBLink product family - DVBLink Player - handy TV player for desktop platforms (Windows and MacOS currently supported). DVBLink Player is a free of charge stand-alone product, which offers PVR functionality on a single computer where it runs. Inherited from regular DVBLink TVSource v6 product, DVBLink Player provides most of its features - e.g. USB and network tuner support for dvb-t/t2/c/s/s2, CAM support for PayTV, channel logo and favorites, built-in player for live and recorded TV, advanced scheduling support - but scales them down to a single computer use. For better user experience and recording timer management, DVBLink Player supports DVBLink TVAdviser integration with its high quality program data. The feature comparison chart between DVBLink Player and regular DVBLink products is available on our Wiki Visit DVBLink Player web page to learn more about the product.
Built-in video player for desktop DVBLink installationsDVBLink v6 for desktop platforms (currently Windows and MacOS) comes with a built-in video player for watching live and recorded TV. Users of embedded/network DVBLink installation can also make use of DVBLink Viewer program on Windows and MacOS to watch live and recorded TV from that installation without the need of installing 3rd party video players.
Other important additions and fixes
- Added: Channel logo support
- Added: DVBLink Android app 4.0.0 gets channel logo support, SendTo support and built-in video player
- Added: HDHomeRun Prime support is integrated into DVBLink for IPTV source
- Fixed: Kodi/VLC does not play transcoded recordings properly
- Added: interface to scan all selected channels for lock/signal presence/decryption
- Added: configurable pattern-based file name for recordings
- New: ffmpeg on all x86 platforms (Windows, Ubuntu, NAS, MacOS) supports h265 decoding/transcoding
- Fixed: slow EPG import in Kodi