How to write my own DVBLink client
DVBLink Server provides DVBLink Remote API - an Application Programming Interface to build thin PVR clients.
The API is programming language independent and based on open http/xml standards. We at DVBLogic use this API to create all of our clients for different platforms - browser interface, Android, IPhone, AppleTV, FireTV etc.
DVBLink Remote API provides the following functionality:
- TV channel list retrieval
- EPG information retrieval
- Recording timers management (scheduling, overview and deleting)
- Live TV playback
- Recordings management and playback
- Recommendation functionality
- SendTo processing
The DVBLink Remote API description is available here.
If you have any questions regarding DVBLink Remote API usage, do no hesitate to post them at our support forums.
Libraries, open source projects that use DVBLink remote API
- DVBLink XBMC PVR Addon is available at github
- This addon uses general purpose C++ library that implements DVBLink Remote API functionality
- DVBLink Client for Plex Media Server is written in Python and contains also general python files to access DVBLink Remote API. The project is available from sourceforge
- DVBLink Remote C# library (for SilverLight) is available for download at our forums