How to perform backup and restore
Backup and Restore functionality is available via DVBLink Configuration web page (How to access DVBLink Configuration web page).
To perform back or restore you need to navigate to Settings/General tab:
Press Backup button to make a backup of DVBLink settings. It may take up to a minute, depending on the amount of installed DVBLink sources and a number of channels. Backup data will be downloaded and saved by your browser as xml file.
Important! Please note that any ongoing recordings or TV playback will be interrupted during backup procedure!
Press Restore button to restore DVBLink settings. DVBLink Configuration web page will pop up the file selection dialog, where you can select one of your previously saved backup xml files.
For Restore functionality to work correctly user must have all DVBLink source products, which were saved during backup operation, installed on his/her system.
DVBLink server performs the following steps during Restore operation:
- Deletes all existing sources
- Recreates all backed-up sources from their templates and restores their settings
- Starts newly created sources
- Restores server channel settings
What is saved during backup operation
- Source settings of each instantiated source
- Server settings: selected channels, channels' properties (number, lock status, name), channel EPG mappings, default recorder settings
What is not saved during backup operation
- Binary files (e.g. contents of plugins folder or updated transponder files will not be saved)
- General server settings (language, priority, log level etc.)
- Product activation status