How to change DVBLink Server settings: General
From DVBLink wiki
DVBLink Server general settings can be changed on Settings tab of DVBLink Server configuration web page:
The settings are:
- Base port. DVBLink Server uses this and 4 consecutive ports for its internal communication needs. It should only be changed in case if port range clashes with some other applications on your computer.
- Streaming port. DVBLink Connect! Server uses this and 8 consecutive ports to send the TV stream to its clients. It should only be changed in case if port range clashes with some other applications on your computer.
- Port forwarding enable/disable check boxes and port forwarding checking functionality is described in details on How to set up port forwarding for external access
- Log level. This setting specifies amount of information, written to dvblink_server.log file. Normally it should be set to "Errors and Warnings". However if you experience problems with DVBLink products you may need to make a log with Info or Extended Info level to submit it to DVBLogic support team for analyses.
- Log max size. Maximum size of the log file.
- Service priority. This setting defines priority of DVBLink server process. Set it to High or even real-time if you experience stuttering or video artifacts during live TV playback.
- Default DVB codepage. This setting defines default codepage (e.g. when no codepage is specified) for parsing channel and EPG information from the transport stream. Usually it is not required. However if you see strange characters in channel names and/or EPG information you may change it to match the codepage of your expected language.
- Run on a single CPU. This setting defines whether DVBLink Server may use all present physical/virtual CPU cores for its work. Leave it at default setting unless you experience strange server behavior.
- Play special stream on errors. This setting defines whether DVBLink server should show special screens in case of no signal and all tuners busy situations.
- Enable video transcoding. Turns on or off global video trancoding feature (e.g. applicable to all DVBLink clients). You can read more about video transcoding feature of DVBLink server at How to setup and use video transcoding feature of the DVBLink server
- Enable live EPG updates. This settings enables or disables EPG update from the stream when channels are being watched or recorded. It is only applicable to channels, which get their EPG data from a default DVBLink sources - e.g. from the stream. Scanning EPG happens on the streaming start and repeats every 6 hours if needed.