» DVBLink products v4.5 are released!
DVBLink products v4.5 are released!
29 Jun 2012
DVBLink products update version 4.5 is released!
Including built-in DVBLink recorder
, Unicable support
and a lot of usability improvements! Now you can use your DVBLink server to record content locally and watch it in networked MediCenter and DLNA clients!
v4.5 is a major milestone in DVBLink products development. What is new/changed from the previous release:
- Added: New product licensing engine
- Added: Default EPG source for each channel (e.g. with this feature TVSource channels will use EPG from stream automatically without manual mapping)
- Added: New channel selection control for improved speed and convenience
- Added: UI improvements for web configuration interface
- Added: Automatic sequential channel numbering
- Added: Automatic shifted channel numbering (after inserting a channel number all channel numbers above it shift up by one)
- Added: optional authorization when accessing DVBLink web configuration, web streaming interface and DVBLink Remote API
- Fixed: A number of MediaCenter growing database fixes (also some new ones not present in the previously released patches)
- Fixed: xmltv source causes stutter every hour (there are two fixes here actually: xmltv update period is 12 hours now and the priority of update thread was lowered)
DVBLink Connect! Server
- Added: Unicable support (only for tuners, which support raw diseqc commands. Most of them do, but for example for DigitalDevices tuners users need to use their own Unicable configuration management)
- Added: PCTV 460e 1.0 diseqc and Unicable support
- (Re)Added: Channels tab to TVSource configuration
- Added: Channel streaming statistics (bitrate, errors, packet discontinuity) to Channels tab of TVSource configuration
- Added: "Wait for lock on tune" flag to TVSource tuner device properties (especially important for timer recordings on partially offline channels like BBC3 and BBC4)
- Added: CI module support for TBS tuners
- Added: Support for DigitalDevices CI4All module, which works with DigitalDevices as well as other brands of tuners
- Added: raw diseqc command support for Twinhan clones (Terratec S7, SkyStar HD2 etc.)
- Fixed: Updated transponder files
- Added: Prescanned channel files for Astra 19 and HotBird 13 with automatic channel selection for Austrian, German and Swiss channel presets
- Fixed: Long load time for PCTV nanoStick T2 290e
- Fixed: EIT scanner consumes a lot of memory to keep collected EPG data
- Fixed: "PAT scanning times out message" when scanned transponder id does not match the actual
- Fixed: no signal on TBS5980 when going from qpsk to 8psk transponder
- Fixed: no signal on DVB-S2/QPSK transponders for Twinhan clones
DVBLink for Dreambox
- Added: built-in dvblink recorder (please read more about it in notes below)
- Fixed: DLNA server hang-up on start
- Fixed: DLNA server compatibility with XBMC Eden (and some other DLNA clients)
- Fixed: Network MediaCenter client uses TCP streaming by default (instead of UDP)
- Fixed: Improved sound quality for Android and IPhone streaming
DVBLink for Kartina.TV
- Fixed: Channel streaming consumes hard disk space
- Fixed: 3 minutes delay during system start-up also blocking aother services
- Added: support for video library and archive (Архив и Видеотека)
Tip! Check out new screenshots of DVBLink Media Library
and DVBLink Recorder web interface
DVBLink built-in recorder
- The 4.5 update is free of charge update for all v4 users. For v3 users the current paid upgrade rules apply.
- This version is not binary compatible with version 2.x, 3.x, 4.0/4.1 and beta/RC of 4.5. You will have to uninstall them completely before installing this version. Do not forget to make a backup!
- v4.5 products use new licensing engine. At the moment only trial activation is possible. We will import our v4 customer database next week into a new engine database and every v4 product owner will get an e-mail with activation instructions.
- 1geek1tool products are not supported (yet) in this version
- If you observe any artifacts in web configuration page, try reloading the page before writing about it on the forum
- DVBLink v4.5 products come standard as 8-tuner version. Those who would like to have less DVBLink tuners installed can find instructions on how to do it on our Wiki
- Recording timers can be programmed and managed using DVBLink clients: web interface and mobile clients. Web interface provides more advanced timer management functionality than mobile clients - e.g. schedule overview, timer conflict overview, changing recording settings and defaults
- Windows MediaCenter Guide cannot be used to program timers in built-in DVBLin recorder. Timers programmed using MCE Guide interface will be recorded locally on that MCE computer
- Windows MediaCenter EPG (delivered by Microsoft) is not used by built-in recorder
- Recorded content can be watched using special DVBLink Media Library MCE addin and using DLNA clients
- No playback of recorded content is possible on mobile clients (yet)
- Recordings are done in native transport stream format
- Recorded content is physically located (by default) in c:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDVBLink
- Channel line-up, EPG information and timers, displayed in DVBLink clients, are taken from the built-in DVBLink recorder (not from MCE). This means that MediaCenter is not required anymore for clients operations.
- Those who prefer using the old way - e.g. working with MediaCenter database instead of internal DVBLink recorder - can do this by a) stop dvblink windows service, b) open dvblink_configuration.xml in text editor, c) changing all occurencies of "dlrecorder" into "mc_recorder", d) saving file and starting dvblink windows service
- Remote API for accessing recorded content is not implemented (yet)
- Make a backup of your current DVBLink installation. Do not forget about the contents of your Plugin folder(s), additional playlists and other extra
- Uninstall all your DVBLink products, reboot and delete dvblink folder of the previous installation
- (Optional, but recommended) Delete MediaCenter database
- Download DVBLink v4.5 products from www.dvblogic.com
- Install DVBLink v4.5 products as described on our Wiki
- Open http://localhost:39876 and activate trial for each product (click on the red line and then press Activate button). Activation may take some time if there are a lot of users willing to activate the software, so please be patient
- Once products are activated, you may continue with restoration of your backup or doing a new configuration
The installation instructions are described on our Wiki
Enjoy and let us know what you think!
©2007-2013 DVBLogic. All rights reserved.